Avaya J179 IP Phone
Avaya J179 IP Phone features a color display, 4 softkeys, high definition audio quality, integrated Gigabit Ethernet interface, headset support, up to three 24-button Expansion Modules, and optional Wi-Fi® / Bluetooth®. The J179 IP Phone leverages your enterprise IP network to deliver sophisticated voice communications from headquarters, remote locations, or home offices. Tightly integrated with the Avaya Aura® and Avaya IP Office platforms, the J179 IP Phone optimizes communications through a flexible architecture that leverages existing investments and accommodates changing business needs.
Avaya J179 IP Phone Key Features and Benefits
• Supports optional J100 Wireless Module for WI-Fi connectivity and / or Bluetooth® headsets
• Delivers high definition audio that can increase productivity by reducing fatigue and provides easier to-understand multi-party calls through the wideband audio codec in the handset and headset.
• Simplifies call control on the display using softkeys for everyday functions such as transfer, conference and forwarding; also makes it easy to perform everyday tasks such as quick access to the corporate directory.
• Provides visual cues that can speed task management through 8 dual-color Red / Green LED buttons.
• Improves flexibility through support of a secondary Gigabit Ethernet port for a PC.
• Enables high-speed call handling through support of up to three 24-button Expansion Modules.
• The handset has built in volume boost for hearing impaired to avoid having to purchase a separate amplified headset.
• Accommodates advanced unified communications solutions through Session Initiation Protocol (SIP).
• Supports reduced energy consumption and lower costs through Powerover-Ethernet Class 1 design with “sleep mode”.
Avaya J179 IP Phone Hardware Specifications
• Color display—2.8 inches x 2.1 inches (7.0 cm x 5.3 cm —Diagonal width: 3.5 inches (8.8 cm)
• 8 buttons with dual LEDs (red, green)
• 4 softkeys
• Hard buttons for phone, messages, contacts, history, home, navigation cluster, headset, speaker, volume, mute
• LEDs for speaker, mute, headset, message, history
• 24 administrative buttons
• Wideband audio in handset and headset
• Full duplex speakerphone
• Ergonomic hearing aid compatible handset supports TTD acoustic coupler
• Message waiting indicator
• Mute indicator with optional mute alerting
• IC call alerting with 360-degree visibility
• Rich, classic, alternate, and downloadable ringtones
• Dual-position stand, optional wallmount stand
• Gigabit Ethernet (10 / 100 / 1000) line interface
• Second Ethernet interface 10 / 100 / 1000 Mbps
• PoE Class (IEEE 802.3af) registers
as class 1 device and supports 802.3az
• Optional AC to 5 volt adapter